Friday, May 9, 2008

Storms last night!

Okay so those of you who know me pretty well know how deathly afraid I am of thunderstorms. It doesn't matter if it's a little one or not, a thunderstorm is a thunderstorm. Matt knows that when a storm is coming he's not going to sleep until the radar is clear. Well last night was no exception. We had quite a few major storms come through our area last night and we were monitoring the situation constantly. Thank goodness for power and cable! We decided about 10:10 to go get Maddux up and go to the basement and after seeing some of the houses just north of us in Stafford I'm glad we did. We were in the clear from the worst storm about 11:10 so back to sleep Maddux went and right back down he went! Praise God we were safe and sound! Okay, I know they say don't let the little ones see how scared you are because you don't want to give them your fears, let's just say I did a great job faking it! Maddux and I sat down in the basement singing and touching the wall pretending to camp out! Well, I'm glad last night is over, hopefully we'll all sleep soundly tonight!!

No comments: