Monday, April 28, 2008

9 Month Check up

We had Maddux's nine month check up today. Everything looks good. The only concern is that he's not crawling, I guess he'll do it when he's ready. The doctor said his shoulders were a little weak so to give him a lot of tummy time, she said his legs and core were very strong so we'll just have to work on the shoulders a bit. She felt that with added strength in his shoulders that he would be able to crawl. She said that the weakness could delay him a bit. So poor Maddux is going to Tummy Time School! Hopefully this is all that it is. She didn't seem too worried so I guess I shouldn't be either. She told me I could start giving him more table food, like meat and cheese! This should be fun! Now for the numbers! Maddux weighed 21 lbs 10 oz which was 70th percentile. He was 30 and a half inches tall which was 97th percentile. And his head circumference was 45th percentile, I forgot the number. All in all it was a good visit!

1 comment:

Cindy Hill said...

I am sure everything is fine. He will crawl when he is ready! He will probably just crawl for just a little while before walking. I don't think Savannah crawled until later because she was doing that army crawl thing forever!