Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Father's Day was a complete success all the way around today! We had everyone over and Matt grilled, yes he wanted to do that! We are starting to do this quite often. We used to go out, but with a little one it's much easier to stay in as you all know I'm sure. Maddux got some good time in his pool this afternoon too! He'll kill me when he's 16 and realizes I put this on the Internet, haha! Yes we let him go without swim trunks, it's not a public pool!
Summer even wanted to join Maddux in the pool this afternoon. Maddux was playing fetch with her and she was going after her ball. He doesn't throw it that far, haha!
He loves to be sprayed by the freezing cold well water, yes I know it's weird, but he loves it!


Maddux has also learned the sign for Thank you! He started doing it today and we thought he was blowing kisses, but I realized that every time he did it I said thank you and he kept doing it and then when he heard us saying thank you to each other he would start doing it again so we figured out that he was probably using it as thank you! Sorry that was probably the worst run-on sentence I've ever written! I've been doing this one for awhile so I'm glad to see he has picked it up!

Maddux has also really started to get the hang of the walking. He'll go round and round for a long time now and he'll even carry stuff with him. It's amazing how much better he's gotten in 2 weeks!

No comments: